Shapeshifters are a Summoner class heavily focused on utilizing the Install mechanic to transform themself into Youkai. They can do this very easily in battle simply by using Evoke skills of the Youkai they want to turn into, giving them an extreme level of versatility while making use of the Youkai skills only available by Installing. The downside to this is that summoning a Youkai means you can't transform into it.
Shapeshifters synergize naturally with an Evade-based playstyle due to the large Evade boosts they receive from Chaos Reflex and Night Shade. They also like basic attacking via Shift Strike to have an easier time landing critical hits.
|Weapons||Fist, Tome, Dagger|
The art of Shapeshifting is dangerous, but rewarding. Transcending one's ability to merely 'install' oneself with a Youkai, allowing your mind and body fuse into one increases the destructive capability of those otherworldly beings by a massive amount.
At a cost.
Stories speak of Youkai who have taken over in these stages, leaving shapeshifters trapped within a prison of their own body, no longer who they once were. Some are are said to never return, at least...never the same.
As with most things, the general age of the art is not well known.There are certainly tales of shapeshifting creatures that have been told for hundreds of years, however. Despite such, practitioners of this art are far from common.
- The constant shifting of Youkai makes their playstyle quite unpredictable to follow or actively counter.
- While shifting from one Youkai to another in successive installs, they gain a massive bonus to Evade through Chaos Reflex.
- Wide array of elemental attacks ready to adapt at a moment's notice, as well as strong passives for high elemental damage.
- Can near instantly change a playing field between swaps, forcing the enemy to retreat.
- As usual, it is required to have your Youkai at LV45-60 for any notable effectiveness.
- They can be quite frail, due to the lack of active defensive skills. Though their Evade does pay off in the near end.
- Most of their skills tend to drain a percentage of their own maximum HP, which when added together could become an issue, if their skill usage is thoughtless.
- They lack solid ways to deliver burst damage, while giving the opponent more rooms to resist damage.
- Shapeshifters can install their Youkai with another Youkai using Chimera Install. This allows some unique combinations, such as Installing a Chun with Haku; Fire Scale and Ice Scale grant immunity to Fire and Ice respectively, meaning the weaknesses given by those skills are nullified.
- If you have unspent Momentum you need to get rid of, try to use one of the Mimickry skills to get a useful effect. They all cost 1M, but can only be used by a specific race (you can use them while installed with a Youkai of that race).
- Self-Destructive Shifting lets you use the useful Mimickry more frequently, but makes their HP costs higher. Alternatively, you can utilize Preservation Instinct to reduce the HP cost of those skills instead. Note that you can't use them both at the same time, however!
- Grow Appendage lets you get powerful and unique buffs depending on the type of Youkai you have installed. For example, using it with a Dragon race installed will grant you Dragon Scales, increasing your Armor and Magic Armor by 5 for the duration.
Requires level 20+ Summoner Class.
- Speak to a mysterious person within Lispool's Youkai Realm (located right above the Church).