A Martial Artist will sometimes go into a long period meditative isolation and re-emerge capable of dramatic feats of combat skill, earning the title of Monk. Monks achieve greater insight to the workings of their inner energy (or 'Ki') than the average bare-knuckle brawler, using it to heal allies, boost their own abilities or just kick people so hard their liver flies out their ear.
- "You call dropping suns a martial art?" -- "Hey, as long as it works!"
- Wide array of skills and capable of adapting to a variety of combat situations. Monks often vary from being Damage Dealers, Tanks, Dodgers, Supports... Or all at once!
- Body of Isesip makes a Monk able to negate damage up to 3 times, it is definitely a great tool to fight against some Evokers or Excel Weapon users.
- Monks with enough WIL can also slightly heal their allies with Aid and offer them Woki whenever they're around.
- Power Up offers them an almost limitless source of FP recovery, but only as long as you have the Momentum for it.
- Ki Awoken is the ultimatum of a Monk's arsenal, your HP will be rapidly depleted over, time but all of your statistics will greatly increase for the duration. Hooryaaaah!!!
- They can be every combat role at once, but as a class, they don't specialize on anything in particular.
- Ki is another resource that needs to be managed, so a bad management of Ki can ruin their damage/utility sharply, and Ki is easier to be spent than generated
- Several stats must be raised somewhat evenly to get full use from all Monk skills.
- Using Power Up at the start of a fight makes them susceptible to being rushed by Duelists, Archers or Soldiers who doesn't need to waste a round preparing, as the Monk will lose one whole round for it.
Requires level 20+ Martial Artist Class.
- Use Meditate as your first action in combat, while having your HP full.