Where Curates only hold the aptitude to help some through prayer and personal care, Lantern Bearers are the guiding light of the whole group in every situation. Holding with them a certain device (often a Lantern) to help them imbue the power of a "pseudo-elemental", they are capable of spreading out the aura of those entities for a variety of effects.
The flames of a Lantern are versatile and based around intention, it glows and radiates gently for people who are intended to help the Lantern Bearer, empowering them. But those who aim to harm the holder of the Lantern may only know the agony of daring to oppose the aura of an elemental.
The name 'Lantern Bearer' originated once ancient Curates and Shamans found a way to project a magical flame from their soul, that can be re-ignited inside any devices that can retain it, like torches, bonfires or lanterns.
When the device is held forth, the right words are chanted and the right amount of Focus is donated to the device, the Lantern Bearer can summon forth one of the seven Pseudo-Elementals to their own aid. These entities are formless and conceptual, therefore they cannot be summoned onto physical forms like a Mage's Elementals, thus the only possibility to summon them is into formless objects, like flames, in a Lantern Bearer's case.
The basis of their use in this context is much more similar to summoning Youkai, but only partially.
- Lantern Bearers focus on field wide buffs and debuffs.
- Lantern Bearer has access to multiple different elements in their spell-casting.
- Their PvE potential is unrivaled due to the sheer amount of AoE skills a Lantern Bearer possesses, making it the best class in the whole game for grinding.
- They cannot be stopped as easily as a mage, because of Curate's Silent Prayer, which cleanses Silence.
- Lantern Bearers lack the controlled offensive capabilities of the Evoker and Mage for the most part.
- Lantern Bearer's spells get weaker depending on the farther away the enemy is from the caster.
- Hitting the enemy's Elemental Resistances, which you may do from time to time, will reduce your Momentum.
- Geist Shritt. You're Boxer food.
Requires level 20+ Curate Class.
- Win a fight with Mage at level 10+.
- Win a fight while having Use Staff at Rank 3+.
|Lantern Bearer Skills|
|Offensive||Salamander, Fenrir, Typhur, Golem, Altera, Quetal, Rebia, Focused Beam, Skyhigh|
|Support||Phoenix, Guiding Light|
|Passive||Hard Light, Raging Flame, Bask in Light, Imbue Strike, Gentle Embers|
|Innate||Farlight, Warding Light|