Slighted Mages with the desperate mindset of having power at all costs often result on them turning to the forbidden Dark Arts. Despair, is the best catalyst for soon the ones who become known as Hexers.
Often known as vile Mages who, through curses and hexes, manipulate the machinations of 'karma' or concepts, such as 'harming', or even go as far as to call upon the grudge of the dead, amplifying their anger with magic and letting their spirits harm the living.
This, of course, puts them at odds with the Geistritter, who always struggles an extra mile to clean up their mess. Whenever.
There are many emotions that could drive an individual to learn magic. The desire to protect another. To defeat an archenemy. Wishing to gain power. These are all common drives to become anything one aspires to be like.
And then there are those who simply hate. Those who want to get back at someone who wronged them, want to bring someone off their high-horse, to make them look disgraceful. For these types of mages, the school of thought and study often changes, which is where Hexers originate. To be more specific, the magic of 'curses' and 'hexes' originate on Egwyn.
During the dawn of civilization on Egwyn, the Grimalkin were often the subject of prejudice due to their hair color, some going as far as exiling them, thinking they were a bad omen. This left many Grimalkin feeling scorned, and with their natural magic potential, they developed curses, which make those affected suffer some misfortune or poor health. As the world began to grow aware of each other, so too did the nature of the Grimalkin's curses.
- Strong in a team and can turn the tide of a fight easily.
- When paired up with Evoker, it can use High-Speed Divine Words to quickly get its invocations out from a safe distance away.
- Can, and will, afflict enemies with status effects rather easily, and can make them even more debilitating.
- Can make enemies think twice about attacking you directly with curses.
- High RES/DEF potential, as their build need Earth ATK (Defense) and Dark ATK (Resistance).
- Can take down hordes of enemies at once with Enma's Summons.
- Doesn't do as much 'burst' damage with its spells as Evoker. It is more 'Damage-Per-Round' oriented.
- Can very easily get overwhelmed if someone rushes you.
- Extremely vulnerable against enemies who are prepared. Especially those with an insanely high Status Resistance, if you can't inflict status effects on the enemy, you're done for.
- Suffers to silence as well as any mage.
- May suffer to enemies with stacked Darkness Resistance.
Win a fight as a level 20 Mage (not restricted to Main class) with a Cursed/Doomed-type enchant as your Main Hand weapon.