Experience Points, or EXP, are the core basis of the character, and advances the level of the character. The maximum level for a character to reach is 60. Class also levels with Experience points, however, caps at 35, or 50 if using Destiny.
The experience required for each level is as follows:
|Promo Class Level||Level||Exp Needed for Next Level||Total EXP|
Base Classes use the same table as Character Level for determining EXP needed.
Promoted Classes start at a higher base (level 1 = level 11) and go from there along the same table.
- Every 1 point in APT grants +1% bonus EXP gains. (For reference, see this.)
- Defeating monsters will earn EXP quickly. The EXP earned is relative to the characters level and the monster's level. (Note: Any monster more than 10 levels below the character level will only grant a fraction of its EXP. Additionally, until the character reaches level 45, monsters more than 10 levels above the characters level will not grant full EXP.)
- Full-Clearing dungeons can grant bonus EXP if cleared. The higher the dungeon level, the higher the reward.
- Roleplaying gives EXP, equal to 10% of EXP needed to next level.
- Black Beast events award EXP based on the amount of packs defeated. The exact amount is calculated based on the character's level (1% of EXP to next level per beast killed). Scars can be repaired for 5% of EXP needed for next level, or level*50, whichever is greater.
- The Fishing Contest awards EXP based on the Weight of the heaviest fish the player caught, equal to (Weight/2)% EXP to next level.
- Green Gloves (1* Hand Slot) and Green Soles (2* Foot Slot) can be found to increase EXP gains by 10% each.
- The Tactician's 'Always Learning' adding 10% EXP, stacking with itself if other Tacticians are in the party.
- The 'Teacher's Stamp' from a Quest in Oniga, adding another 5% EXP.
- Brain Food, which can be bought from an Asago Bank for 10 Asagorians, boosting EXP gains by 50% for 25 battles (Though this can be increased up to 29 from Quest stamps). This can only be gained through Donating.
There is a limit on +EXP% boosters. This limit, though, is only obtainable with multiple Tactician's, on top of all currently available boosters.
- The character's level used to be tied directly to your growths. When the character level increases, the stats have a chance to increase. However, this was later removed in an update, and growths no longer exist.
- Even though the cap is at 60, a character can continue to level to 65 with calculations, however, this is not possible. Leveling to 65 does not seem to be calculated as of yet.
- A character can reach level 60 without having to go into one dungeon through roleplaying.
- On release, the Colossus Tower was one of the top places to gain massive amounts of Experience points. a person can grind inside of the tower on any challenge of their choosing. Many chose to train on the Firespitters, and was able to gain massive amounts of experience, going from level 1 to level 60 in 45 minutes or less. This worked through a partner system of one using the skill Reblia, a Water based ATK, and spamming it, rendering the Firespitter's skill of "Self-Detonate", useless, due to the effect giving it "silence". This became a problem, due to many players abusing this system, and creating characters exclusive to the Colossus Tower only, and having characters for sole purposes of grinding, even using the use of Alternative accounts to exploit this advantage. This method was later removed in Patch 1.99.2 from the first wave of Trait updates.